The 2020 MLB regular season kicked off Thursday night with a two-game slate featuring Yankees-Nationals and Dodgers-Giants. Friday, however, will offer baseball fans a true Opening Day, with all but the Yankees and Nats, set to return to the diamond. The action starts at 4:10 p.m. ET with the.
Baseball fans have waited nearly four months for the return of games after the 2020 season was delayed due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Among the Opening Day highlights: The Texas Rangers will play their first game at the new Globe Life Field on Friday as they host the Colorado Rockies; and Madison Bumgarner will make his debut as a Diamondback after signing a five-year, $85 million deal this winter, in their Opening Day game against the Padres. Our R.J. Anderson ranked each 2020 Opening Day matchup, and our Mike Axisa ranked every Opening Day starting pitching matchup.
We’ve got everything you need to know before the season fully gets going. Baseball fans can stream select regional games through fuboTV (Try for free). Here’s the 2020 Opening Day schedule:
Opening Day — Live, Upcoming Games
- LIVE – Braves at Mets (GameTracker)
- Tigers at Reds, 6:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Blue Jays at Rays, 6:40 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Marlins at Phillies, 7:05 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Royals at Indians, 7:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Brewers at Cubs, 7:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Orioles at Red Sox, 7:30 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Rockies at Rangers, 8:05 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Twins at White Sox, 8:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Pirates at Cardinals, 8:15 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Mariners at Astros, 9:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Diamondbacks at Padres, 9:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Giants at Dodgers, 9:40 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
- Angels at Athletics, 10:10 p.m. ET (GameTracker)
CBS Sports will be with you for the entire Opening Day schedule. For live updates and analysis, follow along below.
Pop culture ninja. Devoted alcohol fanatic. Avid social media guru. General tv fan. Bacon specialist. Friendly web enthusiast. Travel lover.