January 20, 2021

208 new Govt-19 cases and 12 deaths in Manitoba on Thursday

There were 208 new COVID-19 cases in Manitoba on Thursday, and the province said 12 people had died from the disease.

The latest deaths include a northern health regional man in his 30s and six deaths related to explosions in the province, the news release said.

Manitoba’s five-day COVID-19 test positive rate dropped to 9.9 percent, down from 10 percent for the first time since November 9th. The publication says the rate is 10.5 percent in Winnipeg.

The latest update comes a day before the province’s current public health orders expire, banning most meetings and the sale of non – essential items. Those rules expire Friday night at 11:59 p.m.

But in a conference call with reporters on Thursday, Deputy Provincial Public Health Officer Dr Jas Adwal said details of changing those restrictions were still being discussed – with no indication that any of the regulations would be removed.

Adwal said those details are likely to come out on Friday.

Facilities for the deaths announced Thursday include a woman in her 90s from Brandon’s Fairview Personal Care Home, a woman from Winnipeg’s Convulsive Home area in the 60’s, a woman from the Concordia Personal Care Home area in her 80s, and a woman in her 80’s home. , A man in his 90s from Charleswood Care Center and a woman from Bethany Mennonite Personal Care Home in the 90s, the report said.

The latest deaths, bringing the total number of people in Manitoba to 717, include a Prairie Mountain Health man in his 60s, a Southern health woman in his 60s and three women in his 50s, 70s and 80s in the Winnipeg health region.

READ  Canadians stranded in the UK feel abandoned by the federal government

A Govt-19 eruption has been reported at the McCarthy / Alonza Health Center in Man McRae, the release says.

The eruption at Winnipeg’s Sean River Resort is now over.

Half of the new cases reported Thursday (105) are in the Winnipeg health region, and one-third (60) are in the northern health region, the report said. The remaining new cases are divided into the Prairie Mountain Health and Southern Health Regions (17 each) and the Interlake-Eastern Health Region (nine).

The release says 2,132 COVID-19 tests were performed in Manitoba on Wednesday. This is the highest number ever made in a single day since the numbers were announced after Christmas on December 27th.

That brings the total number of tests performed in the province to 432,839.

Seven previously reported COVID-19 cases were removed from Manitoba’s total on Thursday, bringing the total number identified in the province to 25,742.

There are potential sites of COVID-19 exposure in Manitoba Listed by region On the province’s website.

The hospital now has 319 Govt-19 patients, of which 228 are still infected, the report said. Of those individuals, 35 are in intensive care (31 are still infectious).

There are also 26 COVID-19 patients on ventilators, of which 23 cases are still being considered seriously, said Lanette Chiracusa, chief health officer of shared health, at a conference call.

To date, 20,519 people in Manitoba are believed to have recovered from COVID-19, and 4,506 cases are still pending – although health officials say that number is still high due to data backlinks.

The publication says that all of Manitoba’s 125 personal care homes and all-season shelters will soon be ready for use. When the province is at a critical red pandemic response level, shelters will be used to accommodate one person living in a care home at a time.

READ  Quebec issues new overnight curfew, more than 650K cases of corona virus in Canada - National

Sites that do not have those shelters have identified places to visit with similar infection precautions, the publication says. Masks are required, physical distance must be maintained and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms or manifestations.

All visits will be by appointment only, and details will come in the coming days from each care home, the release said.